The recipe prices will vary based on fluctuating grocery costs. Please use what is posted as a guide.
These Loaded Breakfast Sandwiches have eggs, bacon, cheese, avocado, spinach, and tomato. This recipe has freezer instructions, too!
This Breakfast Sandwich recipe serves four and costs about $5.05 to make or about $1.27 per sandwich. This sandwich is a quick and easy way to fuel your day just like my Loaded Tater Tot Breakfast Casserole and these Breakfast Burritos.
Loaded Breakfast Sandwiches
I have eaten a version of this sandwich for the better part of 30 years! When I was growing up, my dad would make this breakfast egg sandwich recipe for me in the morning before a lacrosse game in high school.
These sandwiches are quick and easy to make, and they have protein-rich ingredients that stay with you all day long.
I love the cheesy goodness in this breakfast sandwich on top of the egg and bacon nestled between the warm English muffin. Add in the veggies, and you have the BEST loaded breakfast sandwich any day of the week! And don’t even get me started on the runny yolk!
Is an egg sandwich healthy for breakfast?
While an egg sandwich is a healthier choice than say pancakes loaded with whipped cream. However, breakfast sandwich recipes are a great source of protein and veggies. You can also substitute the English Muffin for a wheat English Muffin for an even healthier option.
How do I season my eggs?
All you need to do is add some salt and pepper after you cook the egg to add a little flavor to it.
How do you spice up your fried eggs?
A quick and easy way to add some spice to your eggs is to add a little cumin or paprika to your egg. Do this when you are adding some salt and pepper, and this will add just the little kick you are looking for.
How do you freeze breakfast sandwiches?
Cool the assembled sandwiches to room temperature and then wrap them in foil. Place the foil-wrapped sandwiches inside a freezer-safe Ziploc bag and freeze for up to 4 months.
Preheat the oven or a toaster oven to 350°F. Reheat in the oven for 15-20 minutes, or until heated through.
How to make this Loaded Breakfast Sandwich Recipe:
STEP ONE: First, toast the English muffins, and butter the sides of the. Then spread the smashed avocado evenly over half of the English muffins and set aside.
STEP TWO: Next, cook bacon in a large skillet for 7-9 minutes. After the bacon is done cooking, break each slice in half.
STEPS THREE AND FOUR: Using one tablespoon of bacon fat from the skillet, add the eggs and cover and cook for one minute. Then top each egg with bacon and cheese. Let the egg sit until the cheese is melted and the egg whites are cooked through.
STEP FIVE: Finally, place one bacon and cheese-topped egg on each of the English muffins with smashed avocado. Add the spinach to each and top with tomato slices and muffin tops. Serve and enjoy.
- This breakfast sandwich recipe is entirely customizable. Just add the ingredients you love. Ham, Canadian bacon, and sausage patties would all be delicious on this breakfast sandwich.
- I like to cook up a dozen of these at a time and freeze them for a leisurely weekday breakfast. To do this, follow the recipe below, but I leave off the spinach and tomato (spinach and tomato slices just don’t freeze and heat well). I then wrap them individually in foil and freeze. When it’s time to heat them, I remove the foil and cook for 1 -2 minutes on high in the microwave.
- NOTE: all microwaves are different, so heating instructions will vary!
- You can also reheat the sandwiches in their foil in a 350 degree F oven for 15-20 minutes.
How much will these Loaded Breakfast Sandwiches recipe cost to make?
RECIPE COST: $5.05
PER SERVING COST: $1.27
NOTE: The recipe prices are calculated by using grocery store websites. The actual cost of the recipe will vary depending on what ingredients you already have.
- 4 English Muffins – $1.48
- 1 Tbsp salted butter – $0.10
- 1 small avocado – $0.68
- 4 large eggs – $0.40
- 6 slices bacon – $1.26
- 1/2 cup of shredded aged cheddar cheese – $0.62
- 1/2 cup baby spinach – $0.10
- ½ medium tomato, cut into 4 thin slices – $0.41
More breakfast recipes:
- Blueberry Buttermilk Buckwheat Pancakes
- Broccoli Quiche
- Blueberry Scones
- Buttermilk Pancakes
- Cinnamon Roll Cupcakes
- Crockpot Cheesy Potatoes
- Freezer Breakfast Burritos
- Green Chile Cheesy Potato Casserole
- Loaded Tater Tot Breakfast Casserole
- Overnight Breakfast Enchiladas
- Strawberry Smoothie
- Vanilla Dutch Baby Pancakes
- Sticky Buns with Bacon and Caramel Glaze
Loaded Breakfast Sandwich Recipe
- 4 English muffins split
- 1 Tablespoon salted butter softened
- 1 small avocado peeled and mashed
- 4 large eggs
- 6 slices bacon
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ cup baby spinach
- 1 small tomato cut into 4 slices
- Toast the English muffins. Butter the English muffins and spread the smashed avocado evenly over half of the English muffins, set aside.
- Cook bacon in a large, 12-inch, nonstick skillet over medium heat until nice and crispy, about 7 to 9 minutes. Transfer to paper towel–lined plate. Break each slice in half when they’re cool enough to handle.
- Discard all but 1 tablespoon of bacon fat from skillet, and heat over medium-high until shimmering. Add the eggs, and cover and cook for 1 minute.
- Top each egg with 3 (halved) pieces of bacon, and 2 Tablespoons of shredded cheddar cheese. Cover the pan, remove it from the heat, and let stand until the cheddar is melted and the egg whites are cooked through about 2-3 minutes.
- Place 1 bacon and-cheese-topped egg on each of the English muffins with smashed avocado. Add 2 Tablespoons of spinach to each, then top with tomato slices and muffin tops. Serve.
- Cool the assembled sandwiches to room temperature and then wrap them in foil.
- Place the foil-wrapped sandwiches inside a freezer-safe Ziploc bag and freeze for up to 4 months.
- Preheat oven or toaster oven to 350°F.
- Reheat in the oven for 15-20 minutes, or until heated through.
This Loaded Breakfast Sandwich Recipe post first appeared on FFF on April 12, 2015. I have since updated the pictures.