There is no need to spend hours at the stove babysitting a pot for this recipe. This Chicken Gnocchi Soup recipe is ready in just 30 minutes. This recipe is one of the most popular recipes on my blog for the last few years.
Readers rave about this recipe. Here are some of their comments:
Cathy: My husband LOVES Olive Garden’s version of this soup so I decided to give it a try on a cold winter’s day. He said this recipe is just as yummy.
Julie: Best soup I’ve ever made! I had nothing left they loved it so much!
Debbie: Made this a few days ago and I was good when I tasted it. We sat down three days later to enjoy and it took on a whole different meaning.
Cassandra: You have made my day. I have been going to the restaurant twice a week for this soup. I am making it for dinner and freeze tomorrow. You have saved me big bucks!!!!
If you have been with me for a while you know that I love copycat recipes (I have 36 and counting on my site!). I love making restaurant-quality meals at home. This Chicken Gnocchi Soup is going to blow your mind! One reader Mandy said:
“I’ve recently eaten this soup at Olive Garden and I think this recipe is better!”
Making this soup at home is way more economical than taking the family to Olive Garden. For under $10 this recipe will serve 6 people.
Make this copycat Olive Garden Chicken Gnocchi Soup today and I bet it will end up on your family’s favorite recipes list!
Cook’s Note – Chicken Gnocchi Soup:
- You can lighten this soup up by using 2 cups of half-and-half and 2 cups of milk. To lighten up the recipe even further you can even use just milk and it’ll still taste great.
- For this recipe, you can cook up the chicken breasts and then dice them, or you can use rotisserie chicken which is usually what I do.
- You can find gnocchi for this recipe in a couple of different places in the supermarket. My local store sells shelf-stable potato gnocchi where dry pasta is sold. Sometimes you can find them in the refrigerated section where ravioli or tortellini are sold.
Disclosure: This post includes affiliate links.
Cook’s Tools and Ingredients:
MORE OLIVE GARDEN COPYCAT RECIPES:
- Lemon Cream Cake
- Tuscan Garlic Chicken Recipe
- Smoked Mozzarella Fonduta
- Tortellini Al Forno
- Zuppa Toscana
How much will this Chicken Gnocchi Soup Recipe Cost:
RECIPE COST: $9.08
PER SERVING COST: $1.51
NOTE: The recipe prices are generated by calculating name brand products from Walmart’s website. The actual cost of the recipe will vary depending on what your pantry is already stocked with and current grocery prices.
- 4 Tablespoons butter – $0.40
- 1 large yellow onion diced – $0.62
- 1 cup diced celery – $0.18
- 2 large garlic cloves minced – $0.10
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour – $0.05
- 4 cups half-and-half 1 quart – $1.74
- 3 cups chicken broth – $1.44
- 1 1/2 cup shredded carrots – $0.60
- 1 cup roughly chopped fresh spinach – $0.94
- 1/2 teaspoon parsley – $0.05
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme – $0.04
- 1 cup chicken – $1.04
- 1 pound package gnocchi – $1.88
How to make Chicken and Gnocchi Soup Olive Garden Copycat:
Olive Garden Chicken Gnocchi Soup
- 4 Tablespoons butter
- 1 large yellow onion diced
- 1 cup diced celery
- 2 large garlic cloves minced
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 4 cups half-and-half 1 quart
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 ½ cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup roughly chopped fresh spinach
- ½ teaspoon parsley
- ¼ teaspoon thyme
- 1 cup chicken cooked and diced or shredded
- 1 pound package gnocchi
- salt & pepper to taste
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese – for garnish
- In a large soup pot over medium heat, melt the butter. Add the onion and celery and cook, stirring occasionally, until the onion is translucent and lightly browned around the edges, about 5-7 minutes. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30-60 seconds.
- Sprinkle in the flour and stir constantly as the flour cooks, about 1-2 minutes.
- Slowly whisk in the half and half and simmer until thickened, about 4-6 minutes.
- Whisk in the chicken broth and simmer until thickened again about 2-4 minutes.
- Add the Carrots, spinach leaves, parsley, thyme, chicken, and gnocchi. Continue to cook until all the ingredients are just heated through.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve with grated Parmesan cheese.
Olive Garden Gnocchi Soup Recipe Questions Answered:
Can I freeze gnocchi soup?
Yes, you can freeze Gnocchi Soup. It will stay fresh in the freezer for 2 months. Place the soup in an airtight container before placing it in the freezer.
How many calories are in chicken gnocchi soup?
There are about 355 calories in one serving of my copycat soup recipe.
What to Serve with Chicken Gnocchi Soup
More Copycat Recipes:
- BBQ Chicken Pizza
- Brownie Brittle
- Outback Steakhouse Bread
- Panera Broccoli Cheese Soup
- Pizzeria Pizza Sauce
- Red Velvet Cheesecake
- Outback Bread
- Cheesecake Factory Carrot Cake Cheesecake Cake
- Cracker Barrel Fried Apples
- Costco Spinach Salad
- Copycat Dole Whip
- Disney Apple Pie Caramel Apples
- Cracker Jack recipe
- Cheesecake Factory Sweet Corn Tamale Cakes
- Hawaiian Food Truck Garlic Shrimp