This recipe for Brownie Sundae Cupcakes has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and Blue Bunny. As always all opinions are mine alone. #SunsOutSpoonsOut #CollectiveBias
I love how active my family gets in the summer. Evening bike rides, days at the beach or park, summer hot spots like amusement parks and the zoo. We also entertain a lot more, too. Gotta love al fresco dining! After busy days, I need easy recipes to whip up that my family and guests will love. And that’s how this Brownie Sundae Cupcakes recipe was born. Everyone loves brownies, everyone loves cupcakes, and everyone loves ice cream, right? It’s only natural that the three go together!
To make this recipe, I took my little cutie and headed to Walmart to gather all of the ingredients. We found a great selection of Blue Bunny ice cream on both the ice cream aisle and on a freezer end cap. After contemplating all of the delicious Blue Bunny ice cream varieties, my 5-year old picked Bunny Tracks. (I was secretly hoping she’d pick that one because it’s my favorite!) Bunny Tracks is a mix of vanilla ice cream, thick ribbons of caramel and fudge, chocolate covered peanuts, and peanut butter filled bunnies! It’s your favorite now too, isn’t it?
While you’re at Walmart this 4th of July weekend, Blue Bunny will partner with Chips Ahoy for in-store demos (a.k.a. free ice cream AND cookies!). You can see a list of participating stores and dates HERE.
For more information you can find Blue Bunny Here:
How to Make Brownie Sundae Cupcakes:
- Start by using your favorite brownie mix to make brownie cups.
- Once the brownies come out of the oven, squish them with another muffin tin to make a little well for the ice cream.
- Next scoop ice cream on top of the cooled brownies.
- Finish the cupcakes with a healthy doses of chocolate sauce, rainbow sprinkles, and chopped nuts.
- Finally add a cherry on top, and they’re ready to serve. Super easy!
Cook’s Note – Brownie Sundae Cupcakes:
- Use your favorite Blue Bunny ice cream flavor for this recipe.
- If you’d like more of a cake-like brownie, increase the amount of eggs to 3.
- If you’d like more of a fudge-like brownie decrease the amount of eggs to 1.
- If you don’t plan on using all 12 Brownie Sundae Cupcakes at once, leftovers can be kept in a air-tight container in the freezer for up to 1 week.
- 1 18-20 oz brownie mix + ingredients the mix calls for
- 1 1.75 quart container Blue Bunny ice cream
- ¼ cup chocolate sauce
- 3 Tablespoons rainbow sprinkles
- 3 Tablespoons chopped peanuts
- 12 maraschino cherries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a muffin pan with liners, or spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Prepare the brownie mix as per the instructions. Divide the batter among the prepared muffin tin wells, they should be about ⅔ full. Bake until a toothpick inserted comes out with just a few moist crumbs, 22-26 minutes.
- As soon as the brownies come out of the oven use another muffin tin to squish them down, this will create a nice even surface for the ice cream. After 5 minutes, move the brownies to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Scoop a generous amount of ice cream on top of the brownies. Top with chocolate syrup, rainbow sprinkles, chopped peanuts, and a cherry on top! Serve immediately.