MEGA Breakfast Burrito Recipe – these breakfast burritos are massive and stuffed with my secret ingredient that makes them incredible!
This breakfast burrito recipe is a staple at my house. They’re HUGE, I’m talking MEGA-huge! When I know we have these in the freezer I look forward to waking up. And trust me this is a masterful feat in itself, I am in NO way a morning person! These breakfast burritos are the perfect way to start your day. They’re incredibly tasty and easy to make. They’ve got some real staying power with the eggs, potatoes, bacon, guacamole, and green chile pinto beans that are packed into them.
I have wanted to share this breakfast burrito recipe with you for SO LONG, but somehow I can’t seem to keep these burritos around long enough to photograph them! Let me show you the insides, then you’ll understand why.
Mmmm hmm. MEGA describes both the size and flavor explosion of these burritos!
Cook’s Note – MEGA Breakfast Burrito Recipe
- In the breakfast burrito recipe below I call for 1 whole recipe of my green chile pinto beans. I scoop about 1 cup of beans (including the liquid) into each burrito. You’ll have about 2 cups of beans left over after making 12 MEGA breakfast burritos.
- TO FREEZE: wrap burritos in foil and then place in freezer bags until ready to re-heat. Burritos will keep for about 6 months this way.
- TO REHEAT: unwrap the burrito and cook in high in the microwave for 2-3 minutes. Let the burrito sit for 3 minutes before eating. Trust me, you don’t want to burn your mouth!
- Remove tortilla packaging, and wrap them in a clean kitchen towel. Heat the tortillas in a microwave for 1 minute.
- Layer the bottom third of the tortilla with cheese, scrambles eggs, bacon, crispy crowns, green chile pinto beans, and guacamole. Really get a hefty amount of filling in there! Fold up the sides and bottom of the tortilla. Roll up the rest of the burrito and enjoy!