Disclosure: This post for Bacon, Egg & Cheddar Loaded Breakfast Sandwich Recipe is sponsored by ClubsGalore. I was provided a cheese box to review. As always, all opinions are mine.
This breakfast sandwich recipe was inspired by an amazing, aged cheddar cheese I got from this ClubsGalore cheese of the month shipment.
Bacon, Egg & Cheddar Loaded Breakfast Sandwich Recipe
I have eaten a version of this sandwich for the better part of 20 years! When I was growing up my dad would make this breakfast sandwich recipe for me on the morning before a lacrosse game in high school. They were quick & easy to make, and they had protein rich ingredients that would stay with me all day long.
My family and I love trying different kinds of cheese; sharp, aged, mild, creamy–we love them all! You can say we’re budding cheesemongers. So when ClubsGalore offered to send me a box of cheese I couldn’t say no!
Check out what I got in my Cheese of the Month shipment:
- Madrigal cheese, which is an amazing Swiss type cheese
- Aged Raw Milk Cheddar
- Peppadew New York Cheddar
This 1 ½ pound trio of artisanal cheeses was chosen by a panel of fromagers. Every month cheese shipments will include selections from Italy, France, Spain, and other cheese-making regions.
My Cheese of the Month package arrived within 2 days of being shipped. It arrived in a cooler with ice packs that regulated the temperature of the cheese. I used the Madrigal cheese from the shipment for these cracker stackers, and the aged cheddar for this breakfast sandwich recipe. I ended up shredding the cheese so it would melt evenly over my eggs.
ClubsGalore & a COUPON!
ClubsGalore has 41 clubs to choose from. They even have a mix and match variety club if you can’t decide on a club! The frequency of delivery, delivery times, and payments can all be customized! They now have monthly payment options, and a print your gift announcement feature!
Some of my favorite clubs:
- and Dinner! Yes, dinner!
ClubsGalore has provided Food, Folks and Fun readers with a coupon code for $5 off AND free shipping! Sa-weet, right?!? Use code CGMOM5 at checkout. This offer is valid until May 10, 2015! These club boxes would be perfect for a Mother’s Day Gift (I hope my hubby’s listening)! NOTE: Free shipping is available until 4/25. Two day shipping is available 4/26 – 5/7, and overnight express delivery will be available 5/6 – 5/8.
Cook’s Note – Cheddar, Egg & Cheddar Breakfast Sandwich Recipe:
- This breakfast sandwich recipe is completely customizable. Just add the ingredients you love. Ham, Canadian bacon, and sausage patties would all be delicious on this breakfast sandwich.
- I like to cook up a dozen of these at a time, and freeze them for an easy weekday breakfast. I follow the recipe below, but I leave off the spinach (spinach just doesn’t freeze and heat well). I then wrap them individually in foil, and freeze. When it’s time to heat them up I remove the foil, and cook for 1 -2 minutes on high in the microwave. NOTE: all microwaves are different so heating instructions will vary!
- 4 English muffins, split and toasted
- salted butter, softened
- 2 small avocados, split and mashed
- 4 large eggs
- 6 slices bacon
- 1 cup of shredded aged cheddar cheese
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 4 thin tomato slices
- Butter the sides of the split and toasted English muffins. Spread the smashed avocado evenly over half of the English muffins, set aside.
- Cook bacon in a large, 12-inch, nonstick skillet over medium heat until nice and crispy, about 7 to 9 minutes. Transfer to paper towel–lined plate. Break each slice in half when they're cool enough to handle.
- Discard all but 1 tablespoon of bacon fat from skillet, and heat over medium-high until shimmering. Add the eggs, and cover and cook for 1 minute.
- Top each egg with 3 (halved) pieces of bacon, and ¼ cup of shredded cheddar cheese. Cover the pan, remove it from the heat, and let stand until the cheddar is melted and the egg whites are cooked through, about 2-3 minutes.
- Place 1 bacon and-cheese-topped egg on each of the English muffins with smashed avocado. Add ¼ cup of spinach to each, then top with tomato slices and muffin tops. Serve.