This Instant Pot Pumpkin Cheesecake is a fall, Thanksgiving, and Christmas classic. The cheesecake bakes up beautifully every time.
For only $0.82, you can enjoy a slice of this cheesecake. The cheesecake serves eight and costs a total of $6.57 to make.
The Instant Pot is an incredible invention and might be one of my favorite kitchen gadgets. It can do anything!
Say goodbye to water baths, cracked cheesecakes, and peeking in the oven to check on the cheesecake. Those days are over! Mix up the cheesecake batter, place it in the Instant Pot, set the timer, and walk away.
The Instant Pot does the work for you, so all you are left to do is let it chill until it is time to serve it. And you do not have to use your precious oven space to make it, which we all know is a hot commodity during the holidays.
I love how rich, creamy, and smooth this cheesecake turns out every single time. It is perfectly spiced with the classic pumpkin spice flavor we all love.
Ingredients and Cost
Per Serving Cost: $0.82
Recipe Cost: $6.57
- 1 ½ cups of water – $0.00
- ¾ cup pecans – $2.13
- ¾ cup graham cracker crumbs – $0.48
- ¼ cup unsalted butter – $0.40
- ¼ cup + 2 Tablespoons light brown sugar – $0.13
- 2 ½ teaspoons cinnamon – $0.10
- 10 ounces cream cheese – $1.20
- ¼ cup granulated sugar – $0.06
- 2 large eggs – $0.10
- ½ cup heavy cream – $0.59
- 1 cup pumpkin puree – $0.50
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract – $0.62
- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch – $0.03
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg – $0.20
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger – $0.03
NOTE: The recipe prices are calculated by using grocery store websites. The actual cost of the recipe will vary depending on what ingredients you already have.
- First, spay the springform pan with nonstick cooking spray and then set it aside.
- Next, using a food processor, pulse the pecans until they are very fine. Then place them in a small bowl.
- Add the graham cracker crumbs, butter, brown sugar, and cinnamon to the bowl and mix. The mixture should look like wet sand.
- Evenly spread the mixture into the springform pan. Set it in the freezer for 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, beat the cream cheese and sugars together until smooth.
- Add in the remaining ingredients and beat again until smooth.
- Pour the cheesecake filling into the springform pan.
- Place a tinfoil lid on top of it.
- Add water to the Instant Pot, the trivet.
- Then, add the springform pan. Close the Instant Pot lid and set the valve to “sealed” position.
- Cook on manual mode for 40 minutes on high. Allow the pressure to release naturally for 25 minutes before opening the lid.
- Set the cheesecake on a cooling rack and remove the tin foil. Let it cool for about one hour.
- Finally, place the cheesecake in the fridge to chill for at least six hours before removing from the springform pan.
- Slice and serve with whipped cream (optional).
*For complete instructions, see the recipe card below.
SERVE: As with most recipes with dairy products in them, you shouldn’t leave this cheesecake out for longer than 2 hours.
STORE: The cheesecake should be stored in an airtight container and kept refrigerated. It can be kept for up to one week.
FREEZE: Wrap individual slices in one layer of plastic wrap and one layer of foil. Then, place the slices in freezer-safe Ziploc bags. Frozen pumpkin cheesecake slices will keep for up to two months when stored this way.
- Instant Pot
- Liquid measuring cup
- Measuring cups and spoons
- 7×3-inch springform pan
- Food processor
- Handheld mixer or stand mixer
- Mixing bowls
- wire rack
- rubber scraper
As long as the springform pan is 7 inches in diameter, it will fit in a 5 quart and higher Instant Pot. You want to be sure you use a springform pan and not a regular pan.
When you first take the cheesecake out of the Instant Pot, the center may look a little jiggly. This is normal, and it should solidify as it cools. However, if it does not, you can put it back in the Instant Pot for 10 minutes with another 10-minute natural release before opening the lid.
Spray the bottom of the pan with nonstick cooking spray. This will help prevent the cheesecake from sticking to the bottom of the pan and the sides.
More Holiday Desserts
- Pecan Pie Bars
- Apple Dump Cake
- Spiced Creme Brulee
- Old Fashioned Apple Crisp
- Caramel Apple Cheesecake Bars
- Deep Dish Apple Pie
- Pumpkin Chocolate Cheesecake Bars
- Buttermilk Pie
- Pumpkin Dump Cake
- Baked Pumpkin Cheesecake Dip
Instant Pot Pumpkin Cheesecake
- 1 ½ cups of water for the Instant Pot
FOR THE CRUST:
- ¾ cup pecans
- ¾ cup graham cracker crumbs
- ¼ cup unsalted butter
- 2 Tablespoons light brown sugar packed
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
FOR THE FILLING:
- 10 ounces cream cheese softened
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup light brown sugar packed
- 2 large eggs room temperature
- ½ cup heavy cream room temperature
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
FOR SERVING (OPTIONAL):
- Whipped cream
- Caramel drizzle
- Chocolate drizzle
- Spray a 7×3 springform pan with a nonstick cooking spray.
- In a food processor pulse the pecans until they are very fine and transfer them to a small bowl.
- Add the graham cracker crumbs, melted butter, brown sugar, and cinnamon, and mix until the mixture is coated with butter and looks like wet sand.
- Pour the mixture into the springform pan and smooth into an even layer.
- Use a measuring cup or glass with a flat bottom to pack it down and make it more even.
- Place the springform pan in the freezer for 25 minutes.
MAKE PUMPKIN CHEESECAKE FILLING:
- While the crust is freezing, beat the softened cream cheese and sugars together at medium speed in a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment or in a large bowl using a hand mixer.
- Then add the remaining ingredients and beat until smooth. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed to ensure everything is well combined.
PREP PAN WITH FOIL:
- Remove the springform pan from the freezer and pre-fit a “lid” with tinfoil. Have the foil loose at the top in case the cheesecake rises to touch it, but tight along the sides. Set this aside.
FILL PAN AND COOK:
- Pour the cheesecake filling into the springform pan ensuring your mixture leaves about ¼ inch at the top, and then place the tin foil “lid” on top.
- Add 1 ½ cups of water to the Instant Pot, the trivet, and then the springform pan (gently) and secure the Instant Pot lid with the valve in the “Sealed” position.
- In manual mode set the timers to 40 minutes on high if you have the option and press start. When the machine is done allow the pressure to release naturally for 25 minutes before opening the lid and removing the cheesecake.
COOL AND CHILL CHEESECAKE:
- Place the cheesecake on a cooling rack and remove the tin foil.
- Cool for about an hour and then run a knife around the outer edge. (The center may look a little jiggly, but it will solidify as it cools. If it does not, you can put it back in the Instant Pot for 10 minutes with another 10-minute natural release before opening the lid).
- Move the cheesecake to the fridge and allow it to chill overnight or at least 6 hours before removing it from the springform pan.
- Serve as is or top with whipped cream, caramel drizzle, or chocolate drizzle.
- The cheesecake should be stored in an airtight container and kept refrigerated.
- It can be kept for up to one week.