Disclosure: This post for Ground Beef Stroganoff includes affiliate links, this means I make a few cents if you buy the item after clicking my link. This costs you nothing, but it helps keep this blog running. See the rest of Food Folks and Fun’s disclosure policy here.
Ground Beef Stroganoff – a Quick & Easy Weeknight Dinner
Now doesn’t that just look scrumptious?! This is a fabulous, quick & easy weeknight meal that’s ready in 30 minutes or less.
There’s some fabulous healthy benefits to this comfort food. I know you might be thinking comfort food & health benefits don’t exactly go together, but they so do in this recipe! This Ground Beef Stroganoff has an entire pound of mushrooms in it. I’m sure you’ve heard that the more color a vegetable has, the better it is for you. Well, not with mushrooms, folks. Mushrooms are rich in B Vitamins and Vitamin D. This would be such a great dish to have during the cold and dreary days of winter where you don’t see much sun. The vitamin D-rich mushrooms would definitely give you a boost! So there you go, comfort food that has some delicious health benefits.
Cook’s Note for Ground Beef Stroganoff:
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 16 ounces of packaged baby bella mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion
- 3 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 1½ pounds lean ground beef
- 1 (0.87-ounce) package of onion gravy mix
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 (14-ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons chopped, fresh parsley (plus more for garnish)
- ⅔ cup sour cream
- 1 (12-ounce) package wide egg noodles, cooked as per package instructions
- In a large, deep skillet melt the butter over medium-high heat. Add the mushrooms, onion, and garlic; cook for 6-8 minutes or until the mushrooms have released their liquid. Add the beef and break it up with a wooden spoon and cook 8-10 minutes, or until the beef is fully cooked and browned.
- Add the gravy mix and flour. Stir constantly for 2 minutes, and then stir on the broth, Worcestershire, pepper, and salt. Bring mixture to a simmer and cook, uncovered, for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat, and stir in parsley and sour cream. Serve of hot cooked egg noodles. Garnish with chopped parsley if desired.
I’m linking up this Ground Beef Stroganoff at:
Skip to My Lou, Show & Tell, Lil’ Luna, Somewhat Simple, Tidy Mom, The Best Blog Recipes, WhipperBerry, Tatertots and Jell-O, Lolly Jane, I Heart Naptime,The 36th Avenue, Today’s Creative Blog, Six Sister’s Stuff, 30 Handmade Days, The Idea Room, Craft-o-maniac, Classy Clutter, The Cards We Drew, Blooming Homestead, The Crafted Sparrow, Giggles Galore, C.R.A.F.T, Uncommon Designs, Sugar Bee Crafts