This Butternut Squash and Apple Soup is autumn in a bowl; vibrant butternut squash and crisp apple cider round out this tasty recipe.
Disclosure: This post includes affiliate links.
- immersion blender
- cutting board
- good-quality chef’s knife (this one is a workhorse in my kitchen!)
More Butternut Squash Recipes:
Butternut squash is one vegetable that I can’t get enough of during the fall and winter seasons. This Roasted Butternut Squash recipe is an easy side dish. Also, you can’t go wrong with my Thanksgiving Salad with Cranberry Vinaigrette. It’s loaded with roasted butternut squash, candied pecans, and gorgonzola cheese. Finally, you’ll be pouring this Creamy Butternut Squash Pasta Sauce over every pasta dish all Autumn-long!
Butternut Squash and Apple Soup
- 4 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 cups chopped yellow onions about 2 x-large onions
- 2 Tablespoons mild curry powder
- 8 cups chopped butternut squash about 2 large
- 1 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup good apple cider or juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Shelled pumpkin seeds for serving optional
- In a large stockpot, add butter, olive oil, onions, and curry powder. Cook, uncovered, over low heat for 15 to 20 minutes, until onions are tender. Stir occasionally, scraping bottom of pot.
- Add squash, applesauce, salt, pepper, and chicken stock to pot. Bring to boil, cover, and cook over low heat for 30 to 40 minutes, until squash is very soft. Use an immersion blender to blend mixture until smooth. Add apple cider and enough water to make soup the consistency you like; it should be slightly sweet and quite thick. Season with salt and pepper and serve hot with pumpkin seeds (optional).
Latest posts by Jillian (see all)
- How to Reheat Quiche Tutorial - August 17, 2019
- Easy Broccoli Quiche Recipe – less than $5.00 to make! - August 17, 2019
- Easy Ham and Cheese Quiche Recipe - August 16, 2019