The recipe prices will vary based on fluctuating grocery costs. Please use what is posted as a guide.
This Deep Dish Peanut Butter Cookie Pie with Chocolate Chips is some serious comfort food! The inside is soft and gooey, and the outside has a delicious crispy crust.
You can make this pie for $7.74. It makes 12 servings for just $0.65 per serving.
If you love chocolate and peanut butter as much as I do, then do not miss out on these Chocolate Peanut Butter Cupcakes, these Brownie Bites with Peanut Butter Frosting and these Loaded Peanut Butter Cookies.
When it comes to comfort food, desserts, pie, chocolate chip cookies, and peanut butter-anything makes my list. When you combine all three of those, you have the ultimate, bomb-dignity, comfort food dessert: Peanut Butter Chocolate Cookie Pie.
Sundays around our house are all about simple comforts. When we get home from church, the rest of our day basically consists of naps, dinner, reading, a special treat, and a family dance party. Oh yeah, and comfy clothes, comfy clothes are a must.
This past Sunday, I whipped up this Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Pie for our special treat, and all of us L*O*V*E*D it! The top had an amazing, crackly crust and the center had just the right amount of ooey-gooey deliciousness. A tall glass of milk is a must with this pie!
The hardest part about making the pie? Waiting for the 30 minutes for it to cool! This recipe makes quite a large dessert so make sure you invite some friends to devour it with you.
Ingredients and Cost
Recipe cost: $7.74
Per Serving Cost: $0.65
NOTE: The recipe prices are calculated by using grocery store websites. The actual cost of the recipe will vary depending on what ingredients you already have.
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour – $0.48
- 1 teaspoon baking soda – $0.01
- 2 teaspoons baking powder – $0.30
- ½ teaspoon table salt – $0.01
- 1 ¼ cup unsalted butter – $1.60
- 1 cup granulated sugar – $0.23
- 1 cup dark brown sugar – $0.44
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract – $0.68
- 2 large eggs – $0.20
- 1 large egg yolk – $0.05
- 11.5 ounce bag milk chocolate chips – $1.98
- First, preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Grease a 9-inch pie plate and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients. Set this bowl aside.
- Next, in a stand mixer, cream the butter, peanut butter, and sugars together. Then add in the vanilla and eggs,
- Slowly add the dry ingredients and mix until combined. Then mix in the chocolate chips.
- Transfer the dough to the pie plate and bake for 40-50 minutes.
- Finally, let the pie cool for at least thirty minutes before serving.
- You can use any nut butter: almond, sesame, etc., in this recipe.
- You can use any chocolate chips in this cookie pie, and my favorite is milk chocolate.
- Sometimes I use mini peanut butter cups, M&M’s, or Reese’s Pieces instead of chocolate chips.
SERVE: Serve warm or at room temperature. I especially love this pie warm with a scoop of ice cream.
STORE: Keep covered at room temperature for 3-4 days.
FREEZE: Cover the pie in 2 layers of plastic wrap and two layers of foil. Freeze for up to 1 month. Defrost at room temperature for 2-3 hours before serving.
- 9-inch deep-dish pie plate
- mixing bowls
- stand mixer
- rubber scraper
- cookie sheet
- wire cooling rack
All-purpose flour works great for pie crust. You would not want to use cake flour as it will not become elastic enough to form the dough.
I use Ghirardelli Milk Chocolate Chips in this pie and I highly recommend them as they’re high in quality and taste and a bit larger than regular chocolate chips.
- Peanut Butter White Hot Chocolate Bombs
- Buckeye Candy
- No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars
- Peanut Butter Frosting
- Best Peanut Butter Cookies
- Peanut Butter Swirl Brownies
- Loaded No Churn Peanut Butter Ice Cream
- Peanut Butter Cookie Bars
- Frozen Reese’s Peanut Butter Pie
- Peanut Butter Cup Crunch Brownies
- Reese’s Rice Krispie Treats
- Epic Buckeye Brownie Cheesecake Cake
- Butterfinger Scotcheroos
Deep Dish Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon table salt
- 1 ¼ cup creamy peanut butter I used JIF
- 1 cup unsalted butter softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs at room temperature
- 1 large egg yolk at room temperature
- 11.5 ounces bag milk chocolate chips I use Ghirardelli milk chocolate chips
- vanilla ice cream
- Move oven rack to lower-middle position. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly grease a deep-dish 9-inch pie plate with nonstick cooking spray and set aside. (The pie plate should be 9 inches in diameter and at least 1.62″ deep. Alternatively, you can use a 9-inch cast-iron skillet).
- In a medium bowl whisk together the dry ingredients: the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer (or in a large bowl if you’re using hand beaters), cream the butter, peanut butter, and sugars on medium speed for 2-3 minutes, or until nice and fluffy. Add in the vanilla and the eggs, one at a time, until well mixed.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix slowly until just combined. Add the chocolate chips and mix until just combined.
- Transfer the dough to the prepared pie plate (Note: the dough will be filled to the brim!). Smooth the dough into an even layer.
- Place the pie plate on top of a cookie sheet and bake for 40-50 minutes or until the top is golden and puffed up.
- Transfer the cookie pie to a wire rack and cool for at least 30 minutes before serving!
- Slice and serve with vanilla ice cream and a glass of milk!
- I used Ghiradelli Milk Chocolate Chips in this pie, and I highly recommend them as they’re high in quality and taste and a bit larger than regular chocolate chips.
- You really need to let it cool the 30 minutes, or else you’ll have a gooey mess on your hands, and the slices won’t come out with defined lines but don’t worry, it’ll still be warm and gooey-delicious in the center!
- If you prepare this ahead of time, you can reheat the entire pie in a 350-degree oven for 5-10 minutes or individual slices in the microwave for about 15 seconds.